Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SummerEvening

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
Well, the title says it all :) I need it for use in school, so that's tons of printing and somewhat inexperienced staff handling it (apologies to my colleagues :p)

I've had my eye set up on this tilltle beauty, but to be honest - I've never heard of this brand so I don't know what to expect. Every oppinion you have is most precious to me. Please, be as specific as possible and thank you in advance.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I swear by Epson. My current SX535W is just plug and play...plug in, turn on, enter wifi password and that's it, works with all my devices, phone, IPad Macs.

I think the model has been updated as mine is over a year old, but the scanner is also excellent :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Sx535...ie=UTF8&qid=1392642642&sr=1-3&keywords=sx535w

The American updated version carries a differ t model number but Amazon will have it. I use cartridges from ink jungle if I'm not looking for super quality and can replace them all for £11...cheap to run too.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Well, the title says it all :) I need it for use in school, so that's tons of printing and somewhat inexperienced staff handling it (apologies to my colleagues :p)

I've had my eye set up on this tilltle beauty, but to be honest - I've never heard of this brand so I don't know what to expect. Every oppinion you have is most precious to me. Please, be as specific as possible and thank you in advance.

I am guessing you want a Laser printer judging by your description. I personally like Okidata, Brother, and Dell printers. However on the inkjet side, I prefer Canon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.