Need advice for Ipad work vs play

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShakyJay, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ShakyJay macrumors member

So the company I work for is considering giving everyone Ipads to help our productivity away from the office and have put me in charge of finding the best uses of Apple products.

Basically here is what I am looking for:

1. A way to sync everything from seperate accounts (someone takes a picture out in the field, would like to have it accessable to people in the office)
    2. A way to keep peoples information on their Ipad that they don't want shared seperate from everyone else.
    3. A good word processing document that can be accessed from any device (iphone, ipad, computer). I am thinking pages will accomplish this as well as any other app.
    4. Does everyone need to share the same itunes account to share and view the same items anywhere?
    5. Any other things that i may find helpful to share with them to persuade them in the right direction!!

Any help you guru's could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

1. Use dropbox or iOS 6's Photo Stream sharing
    2. Separate Apple IDs and so on
    3. Pages or any other of the App Store's Apps
    4. No with Dropbox or with iOS 6's photo stream sharing
    5. They can play games :p, looks amazing in the field-easier to use than a Laptop, It's Apple, everyone knows how to use it, People can personalise it with many of the cases available, it has a realy up to date OS

P.S, can I have one??? I want to work where you work

3. ShakyJay thread starter macrumors member

Using dropbox or Icloud, will the files be viewable by anyone or do they have to have the user log-in to access them?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Not sure about iCloud, but Dropbox supports both. You have a Public folder that you can give the link out too, and everyone would have access to those files. Everything else, unless you generate a custom link for it, will be private. You can also specify specific folders to share with other Dropbox users for upload access.

5. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Dropbox and iCloud require singins but they can have separate accounts linked

6. 725032 Guest

If you're asking these questions perhaps you are not the best person to administer this task

7. ShakyJay thread starter macrumors member

Seeing as how no one at the office currently knows anything about Apple products I am the lesser of all the evils.

8. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

9. 617aircav Suspended

They put YOU in charge wow.

10. ShakyJay thread starter macrumors member

I have Apple Configurator (similar to MDM), and am familiar with Apple products...I am just looking for the best way to "unify" all the information and make it available to everyone that needs to have access to it, and give everyone the ability to change whatever needs to be changed.

I know how I can access/change MY documents, but want others to be able to access/change certain things as well.

Example: A proposal is written in the office by individual A, Individual B goes to a store take some photos with the ipad/iphone, Individual C can edit the proposal on the go and make the pictures/proposal viewable/editable to everyone in our company from the ipad