Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shifty159

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
France
Hello everyone,

I’m new on this forum and ask for help for a good travel combo.

I have an iPhone 6 plus 64GB with an old iPad 4th gen 32 GB.

I would like to know about the combo of iPhone XR 128GB and iPad Pro 11” 256GB is great for traveling/editing photo/work with ?

Should I get the XS Max for better battery ?
Should I get the 12,9” display ?

I hesitate so much because it is enpensive. I don’t change my set up so often, that’s why I look for the best case.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jason

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
hi
great questions.
and its great that apple is giving us so many choices.

each person's use profile is so different its kind of difficult to give advice, but for me, i would do following:

XS (or choose the XS Max if your hand size makes it more useful, but not just to increase battery life.
(new) iPad Air + apple Pencil + Smart Keyboard

Shifty159

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
France
hi
great questions.
and its great that apple is giving us so many choices.

each person's use profile is so different its kind of difficult to give advice, but for me, i would do following:

XS (or choose the XS Max if your hand size makes it more useful, but not just to increase battery life.
(new) iPad Air + apple Pencil + Smart Keyboard

Thank you I haven’t notice the new iPad Air. I checked the iPad Air but the SmartCover Keyboard is not ideal... (damn it Apple)

I will also try the difference between XS and XR in Apple Store, but I found the XS and XS Max way too expensive in my opinion. OLED is really a huge step or not ? I’m also used at the Plus form factor...
My father let me play his iPhone 7 and the 323ppi displaydoesn’t boher me at all.

Shifty159

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
France
Well I finally got an iPhone XR BLACK 128 GB. I love it.
Perfect size.
I will wait for the iPad Pro 256gb in space grey !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.