Need advice for Video Coaching Software for Mac

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by D3nZ, Sep 12, 2008.

1. D3nZ macrumors member

Hey everybody, I am looking for some help on finding a good video coaching software that will be compatible with Mac. I want a easy to use software where you can overlap, edit and make videos and so on. For those who don't know what that is, you take a video camera and film athletes during competition or during training and you can then analyse the movement of the athlete, kinda like they analyse the movement during the making of a sports game. You can then take the video overlap it with pre-recorded movements of other athletes so you can then see what your athlete needs to work on. You can also take the film of a whole game and then edit it so you can have a whole sequence on one player.

Thx alot!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Sorry, my english doesn't seem to be that good to understand you.

But I think any sophisticated editing software could do what you want.

Do you have an example for an already existing software (Windows, Linux, ...)?

PS: I think you need a slow motion camera for fine viewing of the movements, also most video software has a slow motion effect coming with it, which will only interpolate the movement between the frames to give a slo-mo effect illusion.

3. D3nZ thread starter macrumors member

Existing coaching softwares for Windows: Siliconcoach and Sportstech.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Sorry, but I don't know of any software for Mac OS X for this, even a quick search didn't bring anything up.

Maybe you can find something at MacUpdate or Versiontracker with the right search terms.