Need advice how/where to buy some Apple stuff

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cvahl, Sep 5, 2007.

1. cvahl macrumors member

Hi there,
    I was saving some money over the last year, and in the next months I would like to buy me:
    1. A Macbook
    2. An iPod nano
    3. Logic Pro or Logic Express
    4. MacOffice 2008 (probably not this year)

I was wondering how I might get all this stuff the cheapest way. I am a student, so I would probably get the educational discount, but I don't wanna buy the stuff right now cause first I want to wait till Leopard is out, second I'm still hoping that there will be a Macbook update till November, and last but not least I prefer the new Nano (which one can't get with the "back to school" savings).

Can someone tell me if there will probably a discount for the iPods when the "back to school" rebate is over? A friend told me that last year there was a student discount of 50$ for the Nanos, but I'm not sure if he is right. Furthermore, if I would become a APC member, could I get the 20% discount just for the Macbook, or also for the Nano and the software?
    Is there anything else I should think about?

I would be glad if you could give me some advise!

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

apple.com/store

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

That membership will cost you more than the discount you would receive over a standard college membership. Since the membership cost is $100 while the macbook and nano discounts are $70 less than college price. The prices for Logic and Logic Express are cheaper through the education store too.

Now if you were to use the ADC membership to buy an Octo-Core Mac Pro then ebay it. Then buy the products you originally wanted in your post than that ADC membership will save you lots of money.