Need advice if I should fresh reinstall Snow leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by katyoshi, Oct 27, 2009.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

i just got a brand new mac mini from apple online store shipped yesterday. It's a 2.53 GHz mac mini. It started up fine. I restored the mac mini with my previous backup from my external Hard drive that was previously connected with my late 2009 15" MBP. I have a seagate 500GB Hard drive and I tried taking it off my mac mini but it keeps saying its in use when I'm not backing up anything. Each computer is using only about 85-90GB of hard drive space and the seagate is showing that I only have 32GB left?! I have another file in the seagate external with movies but thats about it and it only took up 12GB. Whats going on? Should I fresh restore the mac mini?

2. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

My mybook western digital 320gb external I bought in 2008 is givinge problems when I hook it up to my airport extreme and my
    mbp wouldn't shut down properly because of it so I wouldn't really use it much. Should I just buy another external, this time a desktop one specifically for my mac mini? I enabled sharing between my mini and mbp. The seagate has been working good for me but maybe I'll go buy a Lacie or another seagate? That way I'll have a one HD
    dedicated to each comp?