Need advice! (New Here)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edu, Nov 20, 2007.

1. edu macrumors newbie

Hello, guys, Nice to meet you all! :) SO, here's the thing, I went to COMPUSA (They're the only authorized apple seller in Puerto Rico) yerterday to buy the iMac 24" 2.4Gahzyadda yadda. So, it turns out that the ones they have in stock are the ones with TIGER with an Update to Leopard DVD inside the box. I did not buy the iMac since I'm going to be a new mac user and want to make the right move. I wanted to consult you guys in what to do.

My question is:

Should I buy the one they have in stock and install the leopard update or should I wait for the iMacs with Leopard already installed...

Thank you for all your advice in advance...

Eduardo :cool:

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just buy the one with the update DVD in the box. You could have been posting this from a new Mac. :D

Welcome to MR.

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

When you install Leopard, you will see an Options button at some point in time near the beginning of the install. Choose the Erase and Install option and you will perform a "clean" install.

Cheers
    :):apple:

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Good advice! Go for it, edu, you won't regret it.:D

5. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yea go ahead and get it, you're not dealing with upgrading to Windows here ;)

6. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

I did that with my new MacBook Pro, and it works just the same as having Leopard already installed.. after you take the 30 minutes to install it

7. edu thread starter macrumors newbie