need advice on 15 RMBP vs 13 RMBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Elexion, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Elexion macrumors newbie

hey everyone,

So I'm looking into getting started with IOS/OSX development. I'm really interested in Swift.

However; my first MacBook...
    Ideally I'd buy the MacBook Pro 15 inch model no brainer. However I am reluctant to now that I know it's
    due for a upgrade "soon". I have considered the 13 inch model but I'd much rather get a quad core processor
    and the larger screen size. The screen size is a issue to me because I have doubts that it's comfortable working with.
    Especially when programming which is the primary job I want the laptop for.

however I kind of want to get started soon. So what are my options?
    - with WWDC announced is it possible we'll see a upgrade to the MacBook Pro line there?

Note: I have considered a Mac Mini but decided not to because I really need the portability.
    Note: I don't live in the US.

thanks in advance to everyone who chips in with some advice ^^.

2. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

I had a thread on the same topic, but for different purposes: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1866397

3. Elexion thread starter macrumors newbie

are there any significant cons to buying a MacBook Pro from the American Amazon store and having it ship to Europe?

4. david91 macrumors regular

I'm courius about that too, anyone know ?

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Cost of shipping and Tax

They'll charge you to ship and for import Tax, that is why everyone doesn't do it it'll work out about the same as buying it in europe. UK amazon is the cheapest place to buy macbook usually in the UK though....

If you know someone in the US they could buy it and ship it for you but you may well get charged Tax by customs when it is delivered...

There are many cheap US deals on ebay where they sort out the shipping and Tax for you.