Need advice on a nice leather 3GS case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by trippingchris, Jul 21, 2009.

1. trippingchris macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a nice leather case for my 3GS, something like the Vaja iVolution Grip. I don't want a pouch or anything that has the flip cover type thing on the front of the phone. I'd probably buy that one but they are out of stock and the handicraft process takes 25 days. I was looking at this SGP Case but can't find reviews on it anywhere.

2. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I just got this ultra-case: http://www.ultra-case.com/product.php?pID=62. So far it seems ok. I had an InCase slider that was scratching my phone. This ultra-case seems pretty close to the one that you posted. It sort of clamps on but doesn't fully cover the bezel -- ie, some metal is exposed. It does cover the corners and the back... Quality is pretty good, some minor flaws around the edge, but nothing I can't live with. I've only had it for 2 days though so far..

3. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I would buy a cheap case (plastic, whatnot), until vaja can get the case crafted. The wait is worth it.

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Looks really nice, but I won't buy any phone that exposes the Apple logo on the back. Too much chance for dust/dirt to get in and start scratching up the back of the phone. But that's just me.

5. ericxd macrumors regular

6. marcfogel macrumors regular

marcfogel

I have a Black (outside) / Rossa (inside) iVolution grip for iPhone
    well worth the wait

7. blaker13 macrumors member

Mareware

I just got the mareware, i know you dont want a case with a flip front, but honestly i didnt either, as of now im so happy that i got this case. It protects it from everything (even drops) and has microfiber lining to keep the screen and back clean all the time, i love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-CEO-Flip-iPhone-Black/dp/B001BM0HIQ

8. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I used the Sena Leatherskin with my 3G. It's in a drawer now because I really like the iSkin Solo. Overall, I did like the Sena case.

9. Xanderprime macrumors member

Heh, same reason I shelved my Vaja ivolution. I like the Vaja and will probably use it every so often, but the iSkin Solo is a good solid case. It's now my workhorse case.

As for the OP, if you were willing to get the Vaja and have the money for it, order and get another case while you wait. Heck, go for the cheap ebay iSkin clones as they (seem to) work well. Then you can switch between the two later on. One thing I should note is the Vaja grip (like the iVolution I have) does not protect the top half of the phone very well (especially the scratchable bezel)