Need advice on buying Mac from US

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ChristosK, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ChristosK macrumors newbie

Hi all, new member here. I have been following MacRumors for a few weeks now but this is my first post.

I live in Greece and will be visiting Chicago for training purposes next week. I am interested in getting a SR 15" 2.2 MBP but can't afford the $2000 so I am looking at either a refurbished one or a used but in good condition.

So here we go:
    --Refurbished: I know that I can get a refurbished from Apple online store but as you can imagine I don't own a US issued credit card but a Greek one. Which means that I could use it at the retail store(no refurbs there though) but not online. Does anyone know a way to actually order from the online store or even another place that I could get a refurb SR MBP?

--Used: Would you buy, and how much would you give for a used(but in great condition) 2.2 SR MBP??? I wish I could post in the marketplace but I have a loooong way for the 100 messages...Any good places other than ebay?? I find ebay prices for the specific machine a bit on the high end...

Thanks a lot! :)

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

You can post on threads without 100 posts, you just can't make your own. I'd investigate some of the threads selling MBPs in the marketplace, firstly...

You could also try Chicago's craigslist.com page. Perhaps you could arrange a sale for when you're in Chicago.

3. ChristosK thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    thanks for the quick reply, I understand that I need 100 post in order to make my own thread! :eek:

In any case I haven't found anything on my budget (up to $1600) on market place so that I could make an offer or something.

I'll have a look in craigslist.com as well!

Thanks! ;)