Need advice on cleaning ipad screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by epi117, Jul 16, 2011.

1. epi117 macrumors 6502

Going to using an ipad in ER for patients to view a 4 min video, my question is?

Is anyone else using a ipad in health care setting? How are you cleaning the screens? Do you disinfect them or use a glass cleaner?

Do you use a case for the ipads? Do you disinfect or clean cases after every use?

Thanks any advice is appreciated, just got IRB approved but did not think of this step.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I would put it in a good case, perhaps an Otter Box.

3. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

You can get screen cleaner directly from Apple store or online store.

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

I saw something online that someone was making anti-microbial skins.

I would put Ghost Armour on it - front and back and keep it wiped with anti-bacterial wipes. A case would be good but the area between the screen and the case would be a catch-all for all kind of nasty stuff. You would want to take it out of the case pretty often and wipe both down.

6. rnelan7 macrumors 6502

rnelan7

Whatever you do don't spray it with any kind of disinfectant. It could cause the touch screen to not function properly.

7. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Ive seen people clean their ipads screen with the smart cover. Just wipe back and forth.

8. LDTaylor85 macrumors member

I think the OP is asking how to really clean the iPad, like to disinfect it. The smart cover would only transfer germs around.

9. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I`m quoting this as an example of the only person who apparently read the OP properly.
    Good call donnaw, I`d go with this suggestion.

10. epi117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for advice, waiting on infection control to make a call. Sounds like ghost armor will work if we have to disinfect between users.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The OP needs to determine what level he must adhere to. It is very likely the ER requires a specific degree to meet standards. I believe in the industry there are 3 levels and each will require a different approach. He should be fine with 1 but still needs to check for the policy.

1) Disinfected
    2) Sanitized
    3) Sterilized