Need Advice, on Fan problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akassraie, Jan 12, 2010.

1. akassraie macrumors newbie

On new years eve, my dear girlfriend spilt a whiskey and coke all across my keyboard. After dripping the liquid out of the keyboard, my 13" pro miraculously survived!! The only problem is some distortion on the backlight keyboard (I can live with) and my fan that rev's up to 6000 some rpm a couple minutes after opening my computer. I went to the mac store and was told that I needed to replace some piece that costs 700 some dollars to fix it. I feel like this cannot be correct as the fan is the only part that is malfunctioning. I think maybe a sensor could be the the culprit of my fan running at such a high speed.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get this problem solved, cheaply. Should I take my computer to a computer repair shop not affiliated with apple and ask for a new fan? HEEELLPPPP!

2. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

I suggest the first thing you do is dump the girl. LOL. Sorry had to say that.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

To summarize you don't believe that apple correctly diagnosed the problem and that some other repair shop will be able to fix it for less.

Possible, but you still need to take it to an authorized apple dealer for the repair as they are the ones that have experience working on Macs and can easily get the parts.

btw, where do you think the sensors are located - on the circuitry so even if it is the sensor it requires the logic board or to be replaced. No repair shop is about to start desoldering and soldering components to affect a repair. My point is, that it is what it is and you're on the hook for a large sum of money to repair the computer :(