need advice on getting new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrdabney, Jun 16, 2009.

1. wrdabney macrumors member

i am new to apple and the iphone. i purchased my iphone and switched to att may 22, 2009. i have been told that i can go to best buy and just trade in my phone for the new 3gs since its within 30 days but i am worried about being able to get one friday because of high demand. should i expect to have to be at the store at opening to be able to get a new phone. i just dont have much time to work with since my 30 days will be up on the 22nd of this month. any suggestions?

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

If I were you I'd take the iPhone you have, all packaged up and ready to return, to BB on Friday to exchange it. Get there as early as you can.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'm presuming you bought the 3G at Best Buy. Go there on the 19th - if they are out of stock speak to a manager about your situation, and GET IT IN WRITING that when another batch of 3Gs's come in, one will have your name on it for trade. As long as you state your intention to return before the 30 days, you should be golden.

OBTW - knowing there was going to be an upgrade, why did you purchase?

4. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

that was stupidity on my part. none of my friends have iphones so i hadn't even heard about the upgrade. i know i should have checked it out first but i didn't even think about it. so should i be able to get the new phone or writing that i will get a new one without any problems? i just dont want to miss the 30 days. and yes i did buy my 3g at best buy. sorry guys im new to iphone. thanks for the help

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Don't be so hard on yourself. But remember - there is a rhythm to the Apple upgrade cycle, save for some variations. MacRumors is a fairly good source for what to expect. Also check out the Buyers Guide tab above - product cycle info on most hardware.

6. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

so in your opinion should i be able to get the new phone without too much trouble or without having to get in an argument with a best buy manager:eek: