Need Advice on ical and mobile me

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by AGEC2008, Aug 27, 2008.

1. AGEC2008 macrumors member

Has anyone been having problems with syncing ical through mobile me? I keep getting this error "calendars could not be synced due to inconsistent data. Confirm that your computer's data is valid, then reset calendars on mobileme in system preferences." I've gone to mobileme and unchecked and checked and tried to sync but no go. Any help would be great. :confused:

2. ehaugk macrumors member

i had the same problem and after hours of searching the forums, the only answer seemed to be goto advanced settings and reset sync - override what is on mobileme with information from your computer. It's the only thing I've heard to fix that problem. Don't know why, but I can confirm it works.

3. AGEC2008 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Thats what I did and it worked. I appreciate the help!

4. jagardner1984 macrumors newbie

Not much good, however, if the data you want is on MobileMe, and you need to get it to your computer.

Im trying various solutions and will let you know, but seems to be yet another moment where I long to have .Mac back, and not have such issues.

5. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

you can do the same thing that was said above, but the opposite. You can go to System Prefs>MobileMe>Sync>Advanced. Then choose a computer and hit reset sync data. You can choose to replace all data on your computer with data on MobileMe.

6. ehaugk macrumors member

if you can get that to work please come back and let us know the process. I had tried a million different ways to get my data from the cloud pushed down to my imac but it never worked no matter what. Once I pushed fresh data from ical to cloud it has worked fine ever since.

7. MacBKK macrumors newbie

Thank you.

It worked only when I reset data in the cloud. Had to go back to the old "pen and paper" to keep some data.