need advice on Iphone 3gs casing.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RubberDuck24, Jul 26, 2009.

?

Do you like the look of this case?

1. a very ugly case

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. not a very nice looking case

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. an OK looking case

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. a nice looking case

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. a very nice looking case

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RubberDuck24 macrumors newbie

Hi all. i am planning on getting a white iphone 3gs 32GB as soon as my provider has them in stock. Ive been looking on ebay for some good cases and this one catches my eye. Does any 1 have this case? if yes then please tell me the pros/ cons and post some pics if possible. thanks.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Roflcopterrr macrumors member

that is, by far, the ugliest case I have ever seen

get an incase slider

3. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I just got an incase and before I was able to put the phone in an iPod dock to charge it that was made in 2003. With the incase it doesn't fit in this dock. My question is will the incase fit in with a dock made for the iPhone?

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I like that case. I believe it was advertised as the first case to have Apple logo. The InCase is way too tight, major risk of scratching bezel and it lifts-up screen protector.

I like the Griffin Reveal and the iSkin Solo3G that is hard rubber form-fitting.

5. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

No. The whole premise of the slider is that the bottom slides off to set the phone in the 3G dock.

The case shown above will not dock while the case is on, you'd have to take the whole thing off.

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

I pitty the fool that doesn't buy this case....:rolleyes:

Im with you on this one... Case is fugly! BUT to each his own right. I have an incase slider and I like it. This is coming from no case for 2g and 3g, bodyguardz only. I had bg on my 3gs but decided to put it in a case because sometimes I drop my phone. I have not had the scratch issues like some whine... I mean complain about. IF a case does not cover your bezel like some of the ones suggested above, it will get scratched anyway. Just took my slider off and saw nare a scratch on my bezel. If you have the scratch maybe try out a few to see what you like.

7. V4705 macrumors 6502

lol, the gold one is awful, the silver may look ok.

anyway, there is no shock absorbing with this case and the finish inside is horrible and definitely can harm the phone, so i can't see any reason to buy this thing, even for 1$.

8. statisticschick macrumors newbie

I've really been happy with the iSkin Solo FX. It fits nicely and provides a great deal of protection without detracting from the phone itself. I have the purple one and I think it really adds a nice touch to the phone. Also makes the phone easier to hold and less likely to slip off a desk or dashboard.

9. RubberDuck24 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there really nobody who has this case at all? its rather common on ebay:confused:

10. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

its common because nobody wants to buy one so the sellers keep on trying to sell it

11. RubberDuck24 thread starter macrumors newbie

poll

Hi all, just added a poll to this thread

12. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

that case looks like your trying to tell people that you have an iphone
    to me its low class just like cars with tons of chrome and huge chrome rims with fake wood in the interior

people will know you have an iphone you dont need to try to point it out with a haughty case like that
    to me it looks like trash

understated elegance is much more classy and good looking

13. RubberDuck24 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah you have a good point, never thought of it that way, it does make sense what you are saying. But I still like the look if it somewhat, now im thinking i shud get something like the slider or something similar.

14. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

looks pretty hot to me - almost has a iPod Touch-like feel with that chrome backing!

15. RubberDuck24 thread starter macrumors newbie

OP here, so a miracle happened to me as i walked in to my local carrier dealer just to ask when they are getting more stock of the iphone. They HAD a white 32gb but i didnt have my details to get a contract, so they told they will hold it for me until tommorow.

anyways my questions is should i order the above iphone case from ebay? or stick to a generic brand? because honestly, aren't all cases really the same? their all basically plastic and companies with a known name just charge more all because of the name.... the one above costs like $5.

16. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

tacky.

little kids will probably think it looks cool.