Need advice on Ipod Touch Dock Connector Cable

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by emiljan, Mar 22, 2010.

1. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

On my new ipod touch connector cable the plastic shielding has come off near the 30 pin connector(pic below). I don't know how this happened, but is this something that apple will replace under warranty?

The cable still works but im afraid that i keep using it something might happen.

So do you guys think i should take it to the apple store and see if i can get a replacement or just buy another one out of pocket?

[​IMG]

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Your iPod Touch comes with a 1 year warranty. Thus Apple should replace it.

Also, the shielding itself hasn't come off. The picture is a little blurry, but it looks like it's just the outside insulation layer (ie, the plastic) that has come off, not the shielding, which is the metal braid underneath. If you wrap it with some electrical tape, it'll insulate just fine (shrinkwrap would be better but I don't know how you'd get it on there, unless they make shrinkwrap in a tape form). Wrapping it with electric tape should be a good temporary solution.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

5. emiljan thread starter macrumors 6502

emiljan

I just got back from the Apple store with a brand new cable.

6. Nikkos macrumors newbie

Happened to my iPhone lead still works fine for charging my touch got a new one with the touch anyway. You'll prob get it replaced but not sure cause its wear and tear isnt it?

not really sure sorry as some1 else said there cheap to buy

----

EDIT

Good job getting a replacement cable! :)