Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firefox123

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I bought an iPod touch 4g 64gb on thanksgiving , that came factory installed 4.2.1, pc model... I was wondering if there was a reliable untethered jb that wouldn't slow down my iPod or drain the battery... I am on a pc, btw...
Thanks!

SpiritJb

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2011
I bought an iPod touch 4g 64gb on thanksgiving , that came factory installed 4.2.1, pc model... I was wondering if there was a reliable untethered jb that wouldn't slow down my iPod or drain the battery... I am on a pc, btw...
Thanks!

Seeing how you got your device with 4.2.1, you would not have the required shsh blobs to jailbreak with redsn0w. Hence, you are not able to jailbreak untethered with the current beta version (which requires 4.2b3.shsh), nor when it is officially released (which will require 4.1.shsh).

I would suggest you look at the upcoming greenposion RC5 release, seeing how that will be the only jailbreak to provide untethered support for your situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.