Need advice on Macbook Air 13"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ValkXB70, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ValkXB70 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I am looking at replacing my current HP HDX 16 laptop with a Macbook Air 13". Currently I am experiencing major sluggishness on my laptop, as well as some hardware issues (replaced the screen 3 times under warranty, battery and power supply have been replaced, and now my touch buttons are starting to act glitchy), since I am out of warranty now I think it might be time to kick this to the curb. I do a lot of traveling so I am also looking for something lighter to carry around, hence looking at the air.

I have asked for opinions on some other forums I frequent and have been told to avoid the Air as there are some issues with the logic boards used, as well as overheating issues. Are these valid or is it anti apple talk?

For my usage I mainly use my laptop to surf the internet, watch Itunes tv and movies, music, chat programs (MSN and Skype), occasionally I might need a word processor, spreadsheet, powerpoint programs but not with any sort of regularity. From the reviews I have read the air should be able to handle all of this, but I would like confirmation from someone who has one.

So please help and school the Apple newbie.

2. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Yea dude the 13 Air would be fine for you. Although, my personal opinion, just get the 13 MBP. It is a little heavier (2 lbs!) but much better spec/price ratio. Just my opinion.

3. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Just make sure to bump the RAM to 4GB. You can't upgrade it later, so just let Apple upgrade it and avoid headaches later.