Need advice on Macbook Air 13"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by noeal11, Aug 30, 2012.

1. noeal11 macrumors newbie

Hi Fellas,

Recently one of my friend is selling macbook air 13" which is of 2008 year.., he is selling at Rs.25,000 (indian currency) OR $449 (USD)..,

Is the price is more or less to buy macbook air 13"? if not what would be the price of it?

hope i get some valuable suggestions and advise from you all..

thanks in advance..,

2. Bauer24 macrumors regular

What's the HDD, CPU speed and video card model?

The video card should be either Intel GMA X3100 or Geforce 9400M.

Then we can help.

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

A four year old machine isn't worth it. Since $500 is halfway to a new machine, I'd save up for that or shoot for something newer than 2010.

The 2008 MBA just makes the cutoff for Mountain Lion compatibility, but will likely drop off the list when 10.9 comes out. IMO, it's worth a little more to ensure that compatibility.

4. noeal11 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank u for ur suggestions., specifications he said are HDD is 80GB 2gb ram core 2 duo..,

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Recently completed eBay auctions for that spec machine look like they are getting between $450-500 US, so you are in the ball park I would say.

6. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Thats like so bad and weak :/ 80 GB HDD? I have music thats 50 GB :p pay double that price and get an SSD, 8 GB ram and a 1.8-2 GhZ 2012 and brand new... UseD ones are cheaper ofcourse, plus a 2008 MbA doesnt have that long of a life anymore, and its specs cant support the new ML and itll probs die within a yer or two max!! And you cant dream of gaming in it, and battery must also be **** by now.

Id probably pay $200 for it and make it an emergency laptop or like give it to my housekeeper or kid or something...

7. thasan macrumors 6502a

not worth it at all!
    it is better to get a new one or even a refurbished one from apple store with ssd and at least 4 gigs of ram

----------

wow! u give laptop to ur housekeeper? :D thats cool man!:cool:

8. Bilalo macrumors 6502

I dont even consider this a laptop, just an antique piece of ****