Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
I am considering switching my mail application from Entourage (which I have used for years and have generally been happy with) to Apple's Mail (10.4).

My biggest concern of all is that I cannot figure out how to keep my business and personal accounts completely separate in Mail, as I can do in Entourage by creating separate "identities." This is very important as it helps to keep my personal and business life separate, thereby preserving some sanity. :)

Is there any way to keep "identities" completely separate in Mail, as one can do in Entourage?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Although it seems like a pretty straightforward app, I have never used Mail, so please don't assume too much.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
You could always have multiple inboxes and view them individually instead of together. Or you could use Smart Folders to separate your work email from your personal email by auto-filing it into work-related and personal-related folders. Otherwise I would recommend sticking with Entourage. Mail 2.0 is extremely buggy - and I mean major, serious bugs, like all your email will disappear until you restart... it sucks. It used to be good (IMO), but not anymore with all the new bugs.

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
OK, thanks for the advice.

That is too bad that you cannot have separate "identities" in Mail... Strange, as it seems so useful, especially if two people are using the computer (yes, I know, you can switch users completely, but that is definately less convenient).

Tiger apps are full of bugs - hopefully it will be a decent OS when it hits 10.4.5 or so.

Think I'll stick to Entourage - looks nicer also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.