Need Advice on my research paper for Business!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cujoca, May 22, 2008.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I'm turning to you folks because I am really in a bit of a hole right now. I'm in grade 12 taking International Business and for our final evaluation, we have to do an IRP (Individual Research Project). Basically your given a topic and you have find six scholarly articles relating in some way to your topic, summarize each one, and then right a 4 page paper combining everything you've learned about that topic in relation to International Business.
    This is where you folks come in... I can barely find any articles on my topic which is..."The purpose of my research is to conduct a cross-cultural comparison about the roles of parents in the consumption of household products. Specifically my research will focus on U.S. and Europe."

Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to what articles to search for and what key terms to use when searching for those articles?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone have any ideas of what websites/publishers to search for scholarly articles?

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Go to your local libraries website. Typically they have access to systems that archive journal articles that are searchable. That is the best way to find good quality articles.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

5. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

are there any suggestions on what key words i should use to get the best possible selection?

6. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

Every time i search for scholarly articles i get ones that aren't even relevant

7. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Find the few that ARE relevant. Scan them. Figure out what terms they have in common.