Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigsam411

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
So I just sold my iPhone on ebay and the guy who won it is from Spain. I specifically stated that I needed a verified address in order for anyone to bid. I made good money on it ($425) and long story short his paypal address in unverified and is different from his ebay address. The name matches though between paypal and ebay. Does this look Fraudulent? I dont usually allow overseas bidders but I wanted the extra bids. I emailed the guy asking him what address is actually his and am awaiting a response.

Thanks!

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
Be careful, don't make a move unless you can verify his address, there is way to much fraud out there, I never accept payment via paypal unless it's a verified account, but the guy may be genuine, at the end of the day you may have to take a chance at least wait till payments received and transfered to your bank :) be careful

Bigsam411

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Well I have the money in my paypal account but From what I hear is that if someone hacks someone elses paypal account and uses it to buy something then the hacked paypal user sees that the money is out of his account he files a claim and gets his money back and the seller will have already sent his product while the scammer gets a free product.

It does not help that the guy does not seem to speak good english according to a message he sent me about when it should arrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.