Need advice on purchasing MacBook...scam or not???!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Djharts, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Djharts macrumors newbie

I am looking to upgrade my MacBook and get the new 2015 retina pro 2.7ghz. I was searching Amazon and found a website that has MacBooks for around $200 cheaper than apple. I decided to go to the website and look around. Here is the link http://voxelyte.com/apple-macbook-p...-core-i5-laptop-computer---mf840lla-620-p.asp . I contacted voxelyte company about authenticity and such and I was informed all products are new and sealed. It bothers me that I could not find anything on Google about this site but they sell products on eBay and have a 5 star rating. Thoughts?

2. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Umm, most independent online stores sell them >$200 cheaper than Apple. My MacBook Pro was around £300 cheaper (over $450) on eBay.

As long as the seller has great feedback then there shouldn't be an issue. If you buy via Amazon then they will protect you if there is an unlikely issue.

3. SE43 macrumors member

I'd avoid it at all costs personally. The site looks relatively sketchy IMO.

4. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

This is almost certainly a disguised advert for the site posing as a curious buyer. No post history, single comment (this one).

Treat with extreme caution.

5. Djharts thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree, what is even more sketchy after I emailed them I could no longer find any of their products on Amazon only eBay.

6. Djharts thread starter macrumors newbie

The website doesn't have "reviews", only eBay but they don't have the MacBooks on ebay

7. Djharts thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Djharts thread starter macrumors newbie

Im not disguised at all I just really wanted some advice on this website and after not being able to find anything on Google I decided to join and make a thread.

9. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

In which case, I apologise - but the pattern is just quite unusual.

To give genuine advice, the best place to buy large purchases like Macbook Pros is from Apple directly or from another established reseller like B&H Photo.

If a deal looks too good to be true, it almost always is.

10. shoehornhands macrumors regular

Yep, there are plenty of places online that sell them significantly cheaper than Apple (especially if you're able to avoid any additional taxes), so I'd stick to larger, well known retailers.

You can also often find great deals on eBay and it's usually easy enough to tell if an eBay seller is legit (just check out a sellers feedback, account history, avoid newly created accounts with no feedback selling a bunch of expensive stuff, mostly just common sense).

11. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Best buy movers coupon plus education 100 off. Boom.

12. newellj macrumors 601

Yes, that'd be my vote as well.