Need advice on recovering Ipod; different.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stickworkshop, Jul 3, 2010.

1. stickworkshop macrumors newbie

Ok I'm in a situation that as far as I can see, nobody has posted about on the internet. I really need this as I'm moving to somewhere without a computer for a couple of months tomorrow and I seriously need my iTouch for business work. You guys would seriously be helping me SO MUCH! I would be prepared to do ANNNYYTTHIINNG if you can help

1. It kept on turning off as it was turning on. I was told a way to put it into recovery mode and it worked.

2. I plugged it into the computer and clicked restore. It started and halfway through it said "Your iPod touch is not eligible for this bla bla bla" So I clicked more information and it told me download the new iTunes.

3. So I did, and now my iPod isn't recognised by the computer whether
    it's in normal mode (Cos of the turning on thing) or whether in recovery mode. It doesn't show up in iTunes or My Computer and it says in the bottom right "An error occured your hardware may not work properly."

Thanks in advance if you can help. I'll love you if you do <3

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I guess you could try this:
    1: PLUG YOUR IPOD INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!!

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

3: WAIT ABOUT 5-15 MINUTES!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...