Need advice on reinstalling iPhoto

cleo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Hi, friends! I just got my iBook back from the Apple Store with a brand new hard drive in it (crossing my fingers this one lasts!) and was saddened to see that iPhoto wasn't on the iBook as it was when I purchased it. I assumed I'd have to pony up for iLife '05 (which I was planning to do eventually anyway) and spent the next few hours reinstalling and restoring everything from my backup FW drive. And then I realized (doh!) that since my computer came with iPhoto, I should be able to restore it from the Panther disks that came with my iBook. My questions to you:

1) Is it possible to do this?
2) Is it possible to do it without wiping the drive and starting from scratch (again)?
3) How? :eek:

Mr. G4

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2002
Rohnert Park, CA
In your Utility folder you should have Software Restore launch it and follow the direction. Select whatever software you want to restore, in your case iPhoto.

cleo said:
Hi, friends! I just got my iBook back from the Apple Store with a brand new hard drive in it (crossing my fingers this one lasts!) and was saddened to see that iPhoto wasn't on the iBook as it was when I purchased it. I assumed I'd have to pony up for iLife '05 (which I was planning to do eventually anyway) and spent the next few hours reinstalling and restoring everything from my backup FW drive. And then I realized (doh!) that since my computer came with iPhoto, I should be able to restore it from the Panther disks that came with my iBook. My questions to you:

1) Is it possible to do this?
2) Is it possible to do it without wiping the drive and starting from scratch (again)?
3) How? :eek: