iPad mini Need advice on resale

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Infinite Jest, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

Basically, I wound up buying two iPad mini retinas (one wifi, one 4g unlocked, both 32GB) locally in the last week, so one is going to be sold. I settled on the wifi to keep as I really don't need the cellular capabilities of the other unit (that's what mah phone is for) and the 4g has higher resale value.

Anyway, when I bought the 4g unit, the seller was also including his T-mobile SIM card activated with the 200mb of data free deal as he said he didn't plan on buying another cellular tablet and so it would be an added bonus. I tested it and indeed the cellular connection is working. My question to you all: I plan on selling this on eBay, would it be alright to include this activated SIM as part of the package or just remove it and hang onto it/destroy it? Is there a possibility that selling the SIM with it could blow back on me for any reason? Thanks.

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

The SIM card is in the sellers name unless he transferred it into your name. Without that users login information, the SIM card will only be able to be used for the free 200MB a month and the new buyer will not be able to add any new data plan etc. (possibly may be able to transfer by talking to T-Mobile Customer Support). Since you can purchase a new SIM from T-Mobile Online for free it is easier just to sell it without a SIM.

3. Infinite Jest thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, okay. Is the free data deal still on?

4. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Yes, and currently the SIMs are free with FREESIM promo code.

5. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

SIMs are only free with the purchase of a data plan. If you want just the SIM with the free data, you can use the promo code 'SIMDEAL' to get the SIM for $0.01.