Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maybeline46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NY, NY
I need to get some info off of my old macbook air 1304 HDD to put on the newly installed one. I was in an apple store in Shibuya, Japan and they didn't have the equipment to do it there after they removed it. From what I have read there is a special enclosure case that must be used for the 1304...does anyone know of one that will work for sure on the 1304's drive? Preferably one that can be bought in the US and not China. Thanks!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I need to get some info off of my old macbook air 1304 HDD to put on the newly installed one. I was in an apple store in Shibuya, Japan and they didn't have the equipment to do it there after they removed it. From what I have read there is a special enclosure case that must be used for the 1304...does anyone know of one that will work for sure on the 1304's drive? Preferably one that can be bought in the US and not China. Thanks!

iFixit (the people who do tear downs) has a how-to guide with links to purchase a replacement bracket. Perhaps contact them:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/MacBook-Air-Models-A1237-and-A1304-Hard-Drive-Replacement/860/1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.