Need advice on selling and buying a iMac!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ied0135, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ied0135 macrumors member

I have a 20" iMac G6. It has plenty of applications, photoshop, illustrator, final cut pro, iLife, Paralles with Windows XP, whatever. 320GB HD, and the other specs. I mean I have this computer looking brand new. Never dropped, or bumped, scratched or looked at wrong, it looks brand new... I have only had it a little over a year.

I was going to also include a iLugger case that I have, and a 22" Acer monitor to dual monitor with. It also has the wireless keyboard and mouse. I'm wanting to sell all of this as a bundle, so I was thinking ebay, but don't know what I should price everything at, and if anyone would buy it...

I want to do this so I can buy one of the new 27" iMac... Probably just the 1TB HD, and 4gb RAM, with the core duo. But I will need the money from the sell of this to buy it. Any idea on what I can do?

320GB HD
    2.66 Ghz
    4GB RAM
    Loaded with software
    Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
    Acer 22" monitor and cable for dual displays

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...look at what they are selling for in the refurb section on apple...

Also, are you including the original software media (someone's bound to bring that up on the forum)...

There's also that site that sells used apple gear but I can't remember the name right now, sorry.

3. ied0135 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I have looked around to see what it might be sold as, but I haven't been able to find anything with matched specs. Most that I have found are the 2.4 processors.

Yes, I do have all the software discs that will be included.

Thanks.

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

i would look around the refurb section [​IMG] might find a good deal

5. ied0135 thread starter macrumors member

Can't find the refurb section, didn't even know it existed. Also the mac2sell website says the ac alone, by itself is only worth $940. Ouch.

Thanks for the site though. Hope I can sell it a little higher.

6. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

quick tangent relevant to thread:

when you sell your mac, do you have to transfer warranty info over to the new person? or do you just sell it, if they need applecare help apple will take care of it no problem?

7. Jman6439 macrumors newbie

Craigslist and Refurbrishment

Well its always a rule of thumb to sell to a private party when trying to make the most profit, so selling to an online store isnt the best of idea. id suggest craigslist, you are bound to find someone willing to buy within your offer.

On the buying part it depends, obviously refurbishing is the cheapest way to get the most recent apple product. I have heard both great and horrible stories (i.e. never able to turn in, dents and scratches, had to return multiple times) but some rather save money with the inconvenience. I would get a refurbished if i were you, since its the cheapest option. Just keep in mind that its hard to find a relatively cheap current edition.