Need advice on selling iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gsusser, Dec 8, 2013.

1. gsusser macrumors regular

First, what's the best place to sell it? I looked at Apple's and Tekserve's trade in prices and Apple wasn't too bad considering they provide packaging and free shipping. That's my biggest obstacle. I don't have the original box and I'm afraid shipping will be expensive and a big hassle.

As for a place to sell it other than Apple, I hesitate with eBay mostly because of their enormous charges. Craigslist is the only place I can think of and the chances of selling something like an iMac seem very iffy.

So, any suggestions?

2. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Forget eBay. You'll likely end up in a scam attempt.

You could always try the classified ads at your local university, they tend to be read by serious people.

3. 2trout macrumors member

nothing wrong with eBay per se!
    Been buying and selling on it pretty much since day one, have had no major problems at all, in fact I am currently selling our old iMac on eBay!
    Common sense prevails as with most things!

4. Cubytus macrumors 65816

True, nothing wrong per se. But eBay does nothing to prevent scam attempts and ban scammers for good.

5. 2trout macrumors member

well thats a totally unrelated issue the way I see it, to make a blanket statement saying that eBay is 'no good' is not very good advise at all.

6. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Granted. They're not good for high-demand, high-price items, and I currently don't have an advice except avoiding the obvious bad guys.