Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benoitgphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hi ...I'm looking to change my 3 years old AEBS in order to have the simultaneous dual band. I'm also looking to get a 2Tb backup drive since I just upgraded my iMac HDD for a 2 Tb and will be filling it quite a bit. I nailed down to 2 options:

1: 2Tb Time Capsule
2: Latest gen AEBS with a 2Tb WD My Book world edition

As far as cost, the TC is 150$ more expensive . Anyone around tried this WD World drive plugged on the AEBS? Does it work well with Time Machine? Is it a reliable drive?

Thanks for your help.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
I had a non apple router with a WD world book plugged in - took a little time to set up, but once it did it was fine. I did have to play around a bit when I wanted to restore my last image but nothing too stressful. I have however now moved to the latest time capsule - and am having some troubles with the NAT settings and general internet speed.....

benoitgphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

bcburrows said:
I had a non apple router with a WD world book plugged in - took a little time to set up, but once it did it was fine. I did have to play around a bit when I wanted to restore my last image but nothing too stressful. I have however now moved to the latest time capsule - and am having some troubles with the NAT settings and general internet speed.....

Thanks...did you recover with Time Machine? I' m looking for something straightforward but doubt that TC is worth 150$ more.

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.