Need advice on Web Design Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by traveling guy, Feb 7, 2012.

1. traveling guy macrumors newbie

I added an I Phone, then I Pad and now an I Mac to our business late last year. There are only two MS programs we miss and one is Serif Web Plus Web Design Software. They don't have plans to offer their program to us Mac folks so its either buy a copy of Windows 7, use Boot Camp, and then possibly Parallels or VM.:mad:

Our site is 32 pages and not that complicated, mostly text, lots of pics and one form, so I'm thinking about redoing it anyway.

I'm not looking for free or shareware, something like Web Plus (WSYWIG) say in the $100 range. Any recommendations? :D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Go over to Macupdate.com and do a search.

There are several popular lightweight web design programs (well, lighter than Dreamweaver anyway). You can download and try 'em, and check out whether their support and features match what you need.

I like RapidWeaver; great support, but you can spend a lot on plugins...which is good and bad.

Some other nice ones are Sandvox, Flux, and Freeway Express, all pretty close to your price range. All have many fans, and the developers are pretty accessible.

If you act fast, like before the end of 2/8, you can get yourself both Flux AND Parallels 7 for $50 as part of the www.macsuperbundle.com, and several other good Mac applications like iStopMotion. It's by Nova Development, the folks that make Parallels and it's a smoking value IMHO.

Rob

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Coda is a pretty well-rounded web dev program that is pretty intuitive and has nice aesthetics.