need advice please?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacDannny, Apr 21, 2010.

1. MacDannny macrumors member

I got a 15" i7 with 500gb 7200 HDD, and apple care. i think it may be overkill for me though, as I just do the usual stuff, no massively heavy use! however, i priced up the 15" 2.4GHz and its only £100 less (with student discount)

will the battery be much less with the i7? other than that i dont really see any reason to downgrade to 2.4, as I will probably get more money back for the i7 when it comes to selling in a couple of years!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

i5 and i7 has the same TDP so power consumption should be about the same. For 100£, i7 is definitely worth it as you get more VRAM too, not that you need it but when you sell it, it's gonna matter

3. jpow112 macrumors member

same as you

Hi - I've got nearly the same spec as you on order - but a hi res non glossy screen.

I've also got edu discount - and I figured might as well get max use out of it.

The better spec you get now - the more future proof it is.

My last mac but one, a powerbook alu 15" 1.67 is still going strong and is useful for browsing, kids homework, etc. I maxed that out when I got it and glad I did

4. MacDannny thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I thought I may as well tell the truth, I'm not gonna use the full power of the i7, but like i thought, and like you say; the i7 will bring more back in when it comes to selling. i suppose the VRAM also makes it a bit more futureproof as far as games go too!

now just need to sort out AG or glossy! oh my god, I'm so indecisive!