Need Advice...Sell my 10.5 or 12.9?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SteelBlueTJ, Aug 9, 2018.

1. SteelBlueTJ macrumors 6502

I have both size iPad Pro's. Wifi-only. Both are used for basic stuff, email, browsing, media consumption. No work done on them and they never leave the house. It seems like overkill to me to have both so i have been thinking about selling one or the other. The First Gen 12.9" 32gb is my main go to iPad, but also the oldest and lowest storage capacity. Battery life is terrible now that it's 2 years old. I almost always have to have it plugged in. I use it everyday for media consumption mostly. I use in in the kitchen and at my desk. It pretty much replaced my small kitchen TV. But it is a little bulky especially with the smart keyboard attached. Which led me to buy the 2017 10.5" 64GB iPad Pro last year when they came out. The pro-motion display is great and the display just seems so much more vibrant compared to my older 12.9. I use the 10.5 mainly as a bed tablet for reading/browsing, and occasionally taking it outside on the patio or deck. I know it may seem like way overkill, but that's pretty much all it's used for. In the end, I just want to have one iPad device so I have been thinking about selling one of them and keep going back and forth on which one is smarter to sell now. If Apple releases a new bezeless iPad Pro sometime soon, I will definitely be buying the new 12.9, especially if it has a smaller footprint. So should I sell the 10.5 now, since I could probably get the most $ for it before the new ones come out? Or should I sell the 12.9 now since it's older and probably worth less money, but would be worth even less $ after the new ones come out? Just looking for advice. Thanks

2. eVolcre macrumors 68000

eVolcre

You mentioned you want to upgrade. Doesn’t sound like you’re doing any essential or mission critical work on them right now. Sell both. In a month you can decide on either the 11” or 12.9 with no beZels whatever physical chassis size you’re more comfortable with.