Need advice selling iPhone 4 with 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Olivia23, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

First of all, I am selling my iphone 4 on ebay, so I will no longer be on here unless Verizon gets the iphone. I left At&t again because of their data plan that I went over twice, and because of always getting dropped calls. I now have the Droid X and I am very happy with it. Didn't think I would be, but I will miss all my iphone apps, so I will probably buy an ipod touch.

Anyway, I am wanting to sell my iphone 4 on ebay. I have sold a 3g, and 3gs with no problems before (they were tied to my At&t account), but from what I have been reading on here, I will need to let the buyer know they need to get their own micro sim card and I will probably have to give them my zip code and last 4 digits of my ssn.

I will jailbreak the phone using greenpois0n, but I don't think I can unlock it yet can I?

What are some tips you can give me to sell my iphone. I am no longer with At&t, but I guess my iphone is still tied to them. I don't want to buy a new microsim card either, but if I must, does At&t have them in stock?

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

3. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Are you selling your iphone or your identity? There is no reason you should give a random person who buys your old cell phone your SSN or even the last four of it.

They buyer only has to show up at an ATT store, ask for a sim and have their service moved to that sim.

4. g35 macrumors 6502a

^^ Listen to this guy.

No unlock for 4.1 yet as far as I know (jailbroke last week).

Only thing you have to do it go to settings>general>reset>erase all settings and data, then remove the microsim (use iTunes to restore as new phone instead of this method if you're already jailbroken). Let the next guy worry about getting a sim card. Your iphone is NOT tied to you personally once you wipe it and take out the sim card.

There is a thing called UDID authorization that remembers some of your app settings on the particular handset even once it's wiped....there's a thread recently on that search for UDID and it should show up, but there's not really anything you can do about it anyway as far as I know.