Need advice selling spare components on eBay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vim147, May 27, 2013.

1. vim147 macrumors regular

I've got a load of components to clear out from my PC days.

6GB, 40GB, 60GB 3.5" Internal HHD
    500GB 3.5" WD External HDD
    320GB 2.5" Internal HDD
    500GB 2.5" Internal HDD
    1GB x 3 DDR

Half of it ain't really worth much, just dont how i should sell it. Should i sell it in individual categories as separates or a job lot ?

Ideally want to get as much money i can get for it as easy as possible. I dont think the 1GB x 3 DDR would be worth anything on its own.

What section would this go in on eBay to get most viewers ?

2. rivettmj macrumors member

I would break them out into individual auctions, you'll likely get more out of them in the long run. As far as categories go ebay is pretty good about breaking down things into logic categories Laptop / Hard drives, etc (I wouldn't worry to much about the exact category, most people will find your item by searching for it, its vastly more important to have the title of the auction include the correct words "x.xGB western digital drive, 2.5" SATA" etc

A good place to start is searching for your item in the completed listing, and find one that sold, and did well, you can them use the "sell similar" option from within that auction to get the category and title information, just bring your own pictures and item description!