Need advice :Should i buy or should i wait

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jorisaerts1, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jorisaerts1 macrumors newbie

hey guys, i'm in a dilemma here, for several weeks now i've been looking at macrumors for any rumors about an update on the ipod touch.

You see, i have the old ,first, ipod video 30G and he's really had some tuff times so i'm thinking of buying a new ipod. i find the ipod touch really amazing. but i also want enough memory. and 32gig isn't that much anymore since there's is also a normal ipod with 120 gig.

Now my question is, should i buy me a ipod touch next week or should i wait for the summer to pass until it's september for a possible update and what new features would they update??
    any help?

greets

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Wait for September, for the storage increases. :) and the iPod touch S⃣ ;)

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Get it now...

I'm surprised you were able to hold that long. I couldn't stand my 60 gig video after I used my dad's Touch for a bit. So I went out and bought one :) (that was 2007)

4. jorisaerts1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i know, i was able to hold it that long, so know i need to know when the next one is coming out with all the specs i want, like in enough memory... i still don't know.
    i'm really thinking of just running to the store and get me one, but i don't want to regret it two months from now.

can anyone comfirm the update in september?

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Its been a tradition for Apple to release new iPods in September for like 3 years now? I don't think they will stop yet...

So, if you don't mind waiting till mid-late september, wait :)

BTW, my 1st gen still works perfectly and looks almost as good as new. One of the best tech purchases I made in a while.

6. Wishsong macrumors regular

I'm in the same dilemma. I bought my brother an 8gb 2g touch, and now I'm looking for a touch myself, especially with my cursed broken nano. I'm thinking I'm gonna wait, if I don't, I'll be pissed in september. I don't think the touch will ever see a camera like everyone is saying, I just want to better screen quality and responsiveness.

7. jorisaerts1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah ok i think i've made my decision, i'm going to wait cause i dont want to regret it in september. but still...
    the waiting is going to be hard, especially in the summertime...
    you know what,...
    i'm going to reward myself in september and give myself the best ipod touch they will introduce...maybe i'll need some extra savings, but you know i got two whole months :):eek:

8. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

I'd definitely wait if I was in that dilemma.

9. Dizzler macrumors regular

I'd wait too. The new 32 gb iPhone is cheaper than the 32 gb Touch. At least wait until they drop the price.

10. thefatmould macrumors member

Im in the same situation

I have been hanging out for the new touch since march and i am going to be pissed if we dont at least get a price drop in september or like we saw with the iphone 16g at 8g price and so on.

11. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Like everyone has said, if you can wait, do so.

12. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

mmm its not. Even if you buy a subsidized iPhone, you'll still be paying much more than for 32GB touch over time.