Need Advice. Should I/How to exchange or return for BTO Macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Argentine86, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Argentine86 macrumors regular

Hey Fellas,

MEMORY UPGRADE? Well after a weekend of putting my macbook to work with Final Cut Pro X, I think I realized I might need to upgrade my base Retina Macbook to one with 16GB of RAM. Here is an image of my memory usage after some time editing and rendering/exporting. From what I've read, Page Outs are not good...and 1.64GB? Hm actually CPU% doesn't look right either hehe

[​IMG]

And thats with only Final Cut Pro running solo, I believe while exporting/rendering. Noticed quite some lag when trying to get around and trying to look things up in Safari etc. I also will be using GarageBand extensively coming up so I might push it even more.

Can some of you chime in to assure me upgrading memory here would help?

EXCHANGE/RETURN ISSUE: In that case, I ordered my Macbook with the Barclaycard 0% financing for 18months. Problem is I need to preorder the new upgraded macbook online to get it. If I return my macbook it takes 10 days to credit the return to allow enough funds to purchase the new one which will also take 7-10 days to arrive.

Yet I'd like to keep this macbook in the meantime....20 days without a laptop would suck since I use it. I could order it with another card, then when it comes in, return it and buy it with the BarclayCard? Don't know if apple store would allow this.

Opinions?

Thx in Advance

2. Argentine86 thread starter macrumors regular