need advice software setup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wakeborder556, Aug 8, 2008.

1. wakeborder556 macrumors regular

Ok..i need to install Word and all that so i am going to get the student and teacher edition. Do you guys think i should get the mac version or windows version and just use Fusion+vista to run it?

I will be using it alot for college.

thanks

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Office Mac...... save yourselves the extra Win and VM cost just for Office especially when Mac Office is better than its Win counterpart!

3. Fabiano macrumors regular

I really like the Office suite on Mac, though I did have a little dificulty to get used to it in the begining. some things are a lot different to people like me that has a long path on the windows version, but at the end Im enjoying the Mac version much more than the one on windows.

But also Im thinking to give a shot on the iWork suite, specially the keynote app, that I've heard a lot about. I always liked the Apple aproach on software, and you can see it comparing, for example, Entourage x Mail. even using more Entourage, since I need Exchange, I like more the Mail app that came with Leopard. Microsoft apps tend to be too much bulky, and Apple are the simpliest yet very powerfull :)

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Get the Mac version. In my experience it runs a tad slower than it does on Windows at times, but that's definitely not enough to warrant installing a whole new OS on your computer just because of that.