Need advice: want to use iPhone in Haiti!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcole623, Feb 6, 2015.

1. hcole623 macrumors regular

hcole623

I'm traveling to Haiti in March, I've been told AT&T iPhone's will work great there. (AT&T's international coverage map confirms this)

I'm currently on Verizon with an iPhone 6, but my local Craigslist is littered with AT&T 4S's all around $100. Could I pick one of these up, have it unlocked, pop in a GoPhone SIM, and be able to use voice and data in Haiti?

What is the best way to make this work?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

As much as I respect my camera on my 6+, I would carry a real camera, a small point and shoot, if going to Haiti.

3. hcole623 thread starter macrumors regular

hcole623

I want to bring a cheap 4S for voice and data usage, I'll have a Nikon for photography.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You need to make sure that you 4S has the correct freq. bands for use in Haiti. If so it should work fine. Unless the battery has been replaced, you would be dealing with a battery that would not last all day.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Your Verizon iPhone 6 is unlocked and will work on all of the same networks as the AT&T iPhone 6.

Are you trying to avoid using your iPhone 6 while you're on your trip?

6. hcole623 thread starter macrumors regular

hcole623

T5BRICK, thanks for the info. I actually just came to that realization while continuing my research. So if my iP6 is unlocked from Verizon. What type of SIM do I need to use it locally? Should I skip AT&T and look for a local providers SIM? Will a prepaid GoPhone SIM work there for me?

7. hcole623 thread starter macrumors regular

hcole623

8. hcole623 thread starter macrumors regular

hcole623