Need Advice: What to Buy After 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Val-kyrie, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

After owning a stalwart iPhone 4 for 3+ years, I have been extremely disappointed by the 6 Plus. I have had two physical failures in 18 months which have warranted Apple replacements under AppleCare. Consequently, I have decided to sell it.

The question remains: What do I buy?

How much difference in performance is there between a 5SE and a 6S?
    Has anyone gone from a 6 Plus back down to a 6S or even a 5SE?
    Are there any general trends about the reliability of the 6S Plus, 6S or 5SE models?
    Are there specific issues plaguing certain models?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Get whichever you prefer. You had bad luck with your 6 Plus. Owned dozens of MBP, my current one has been repaired three times. Lemons happen.

3. MiniGeek macrumors member

I wouldn't get anything in the 6 line. My spouse has never had an issue with his iPhone 6, but I've had 2 replaced in less than a year. And every time I research an issue related to an iPhone 6, I see plenty of complaints. I like the size of the screen and the feel of the phone itself, the screen is bright...but honestly, I think the 6 is just a bad product line overall. I chose Apple smartphones after being gifted with 2 iPads. I was so pleased and impressed with their high quality hardware and solid, reliable performance. The iPhone 5, my first iPhone, was wonderful. The only thing I would have changed is the storage capacity. 16 Gb just doesn't cut it. But I have found my experience with the 6 to be a nightmare. They're nice to look at, but maybe they're just poorly built, I don't know. I wonder how many thousands of them Apple has had to replace. I received hours of telephone tech support when I didn't even have Apple Care, so this makes me think Apple knows there is a problem and it's Apple's responsibility. Phone number 3 is currently losing the cellular network intermittently for no reason, which tenses me up because phone number 2 lost service for no reason, and it never came back.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6-woes.1969877/

I have a year and 2 months left on my contract with this phone. I will use that time to see what Apple comes up with in the way of a solid, reliable smartphone. But I will also be researching other options, I'm afraid. I no longer trust this phone. In fact, it just did it again, and it was merely sitting on the desk beside me. I walked into another room with it and it found the network.
    I am keeping my 5 as a backup. When we travel, I take the 5 with me and the SIM card tool.