Need advice -- Which jailbreak tool should I use?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by micmicll, May 1, 2010.

1. micmicll macrumors newbie

I know it sounds like a well repeated question, but please read on... I've tried to look for solution online, but I don't seems to find people with the exactly same situation as I do.
    My iPhone 3G (not 3Gs) was bought in Australia, it comes with the career sim-lock, but I've unlock it by calling the career and got the activation code.
    -it has never jailbroken before
    -it's on firmware 3.1.3
    -its baseband is 5.12.01

I've a few question before I jailbreak:
    1. Will I be losing the career unlock if I use any of the jailbreak?
    2. Which jailbreak tool should I use? I've tried sn0wbreeze, and it's giving me a error and does not permitting me to jailbreak.
    3. Is the itunes 9.1.1 capable in jailbreaking or an earlier version is required?

Thank you for reading my post and a simple answer (yes/no/ name of the software) will be greatly appreciated.

2. ILikeToJB macrumors member

Since you seem new to this, I'm going to recommend the easy and simple way of Jailbreaking, since you'll probably be asking a lot of questions if I give you the more preferred Jailbreak tool. You will not lose your carrier unlock, as that is a factory unlock, so you don't need to worry about that. You can download Blackra1n and click "Make it ra1n" to Jailbreak. If you're willing to use redsn0w, which is the more preferred Jailbreak, then I recommend using redsn0w 0.9.4. And now after just scrolling down and reading your post again you said you are on 3.1.3, leaving you no other option besides Pwnage Tool, Sn0wBreeze which is not recommended, and redsn0w. Download redSn0w for whatever operating system you have. Also, you should note that the Blackra1n Jailbreak I was referring to, was used to Jailbreak 3.1.2, and some other earlier firmwares, but not 3.1.3. So again, use redSn0w 0.9.4. You will need to download the 3.1.2 firmware file from an external source, (somewhere on the internet), for your specific device. Open redSn0w, click browse and choose the 3.1.2 firmware file. Continue on with installing Cydia, and if you want boot logos and verbose boot you can choose that also. I hope I have answered all of your questions.

3. micmicll thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for you reply, I'm trying to use redsn0W now.
    I'll update the post regardless successful or not.
    wish me luck...

4. micmicll thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPhone is now Jailbroken!!!
    Thankyou ILikeToJB!! You are the man!!:apple:

5. ILikeToJB macrumors member

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And with an official carrier unlocked iphone no matter what you do wether thats JB it, restore it etc...
    It will always be unlocked and you will be able to use any simcard.
    The JB doesnt effect that.