Need advice with an up grade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drobone, Apr 5, 2012.

1. drobone macrumors newbie

drobone

I need the advice from those who have done the up grade from Leopard to Snow Leopard and then to Lion. I have a Mac Pro running an up-to-date Leopard even though I have a disk to up grade to Snow Leopard I never did it just because the system worked just fine. The reason I would like to do it now is to gain access to the iCloud to use with my other Apple products. My hesitation is that I have multiple programs that I use for daily use and they would be very expensive to up grade just to use the iCloud. These are mostly related to photography like CS4, Portrait Professional, Lightroom, ColorMunki, and an HP Photo Printer that they no longer make the Photosmart B8850. Can anyone enlighten me as to what problems I will have if I up grade my OS?

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

What are your machine specs? I have an i7 MBP that I brought to Lion just so I could have the new version of xcode. Other than that, I liked SL better than Lion. I also don't really use any of the iCloud features - haven't found anything with iCloud that I can't do better with some other product.

I also have an older C2D iMac, 2.5G RAM, which I have left running SL because I have read articles which made me afraid Lion would not run very well with that small amount of RAM.

3. drobone thread starter macrumors newbie

drobone

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

5. drobone thread starter macrumors newbie

drobone

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to look at.

Is there one for Snow Leopard?