Need Advice with Applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob616, May 26, 2011.

1. bob616 macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 3GS that had an unresponsive home button, it also had a crack in the screen. I sent it in to Applecare for them to fix it however they refused to fix it because they considered the small crack in the screen to be neglect. So I received the phone back in the mall today and I took at look at it and the cracks in the screen are much worse then they were previously and the whole glass part of the screen can now be lifted off the phone.

Has anyone had an experience like this before? Any advice?

Thank You!

2. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They obviously will not fix it for free if you broke the screen.
    They can see the physical damage.
    Not sure what happened to the glass or if it got worst during shipping but what difference does it make? Its still broken.

4. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

Because the broken screen was not a problem in the beginning, it was just a small crack. Now the crack is across the whole entire screen, so sending it into Apple made the situation with the phone a lot worse then how it was.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I see.
    But even with a small crack on the screen they can deny it because of the physical damage.
    Maybe try bringing it in to an Apple store and explain what happened. They might take it easy on you or they might ask you to pay the $200 replacement fee. Worth a try.