Need Advice with copying from ITunes to Garbage Band

drnorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Florida
I have a G4 Powerbook. I am searching everywhere to find out how to:
1. Take a song from ITune and put into Garage Band or another program so that I can slow the speed or tempo of the song without changing the pitch.

2. Also, how do I copy a DVD into my G4? Is "Crunch" the appropriate program or is there another way of accomplishing this task?

Thank you in advance for your sound replies.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I have a G4 Powerbook. I am searching everywhere to find out how to:
1. Take a song from ITune and put into Garage Band or another program so that I can slow the speed or tempo of the song without changing the pitch.

2. Also, how do I copy a DVD into my G4? Is "Crunch" the appropriate program or is there another way of accomplishing this task?

Thank you in advance for your sound replies.
Assuming that the data you are trying to copy and edit are your own, and not the copyrighted property of another, just drag the song from iTunes to garageband. The track, if it is not DRMd will load into garageband. IF you don't immediately see the waveform of the sound, wait a minute or so, then try to play it.

To copy a DVD (if you are compressing to .mp4 or something) use Handbrake, if you are doing a straight copy to burn to another DVD I suggest MacTheRipper, then Toast to burn it.

Brian

drnorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Florida

The selections in ITunes are Greyed out and cannot be dragged to Garage Band.

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
Audacity would be a better program for this. It has a change speed filter, which does not effect the pitch. all you have to do is set the % change.

drnorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Florida

I am importing the tunes from a cd and attempting to send them to Garage Band but without success because they are all grayed out.

drnorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Florida

I have attempted to download Audacity but I am unable to get it to work.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I have attempted to download Audacity but I am unable to get it to work.
Have you tried repairing permissions on your hard drive yet?

If not, go to Applications>>Utilities>>Disk Utility

In the left selection pane, select your main hard drive, and in the right task area, at the bottom, do 'Repair Disk Permissions'.

This may help get those ungrayed.

Brian

drnorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Florida

Brian,
Thanks for you help but it did not change the grayed out ITunes for me to open in Garage Band. I ordered "Crunch" in an attempt to help with this problem. Do you have any more suggestions? Is it possible that the extension must be changed for it to open in Garage Band?