Need Advice with the New Macbook please!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hmmm4321, Oct 15, 2008.

1. hmmm4321 macrumors newbie

I've been holding out since summer and now that the new Macbooks are here I'm finally going to be getting one. However, I can't decide between the two options. I get the edu discount, but am not sure if the $250 difference is worth buying the more expensive one.

How much would a bump of .4ghz mean in terms of the speed of the computer? I don't do any video editing or anything and normally will only have 5 or 6 applications running at a time.

Thank you so much!

2. openflap macrumors newbie

i was in the same boat...and i jumped on the beefed up macbook.

why. after 2 years of using the computer the 250 more that you spent wont really matter after that much time...its like 12 bucks a month...in addition you get a bit better resale value...

its still in the box...but its yelling at me to opener up...

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The real life benefit of .4 ghz is nothing and never noticeable imho. I say real life and not these geek bench scores. BUT the $250 (for you) is well worth the backlit keyboard. Sorry, but bottom line is if you are ever in a place where the lighting isn't just right the backlight certainly helps.

4. jade macrumors 6502

I think it is expensive, but sitting in a dimmed apartment right now I kinda wish I had the backlight. But $300 worth of regret. :D

(The white ibook keyboard spoiled me)