Need advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ljuncaj21, Sep 23, 2017.

1. ljuncaj21 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 7 that I bought on release. While I like the phone, I've found that I'm more interested in a phone with a bigger screen size and battery. Because of this, the Plus model has really started to appeal to me.

Now I need help with this: Should I sell my 7 and buy a 7+ or upgrade to an 8+?
    I'm really liking the glass back design of the 8 series and the addition of wireless charging, but I don't know if thats enough to warrant an upgrade.

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

You might as well get the latest and greatest while you're upgrading. Going from a 7 to 8+ will be a great upgrade IMO. I got the 8+ from having a 7+, so far I am enjoying the wireless charging, true tone, better camera, faster speeds, looks, and feels better in my hands. It was a great upgrade.

3. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

What are the financial implications?

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

How about going into an Apple Store, and testing the new phones yourself? Compare with your current phone. Assess your financial obligation with a new phone.

Unless those who say upgrade will be paying your bills, asking said strangers is illogical. Only you can make the decision. And that decision needs to be an informed one. That is why I suggest you test the phones in person.

5. BillyBobT Suspended

6. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

A sensible, sane and intelligent post.

To the OP: Only you can decide what your needs and preferences are; as @BasicGreatGuy has suggested, pay a visit to an Apple store and test & try out the various phones; that should give you some pointers as to what appeals to you.

7. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

If upgrading to a plus I’d go 8+, knowing that I’m spending an extra $130.

8. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

How much space are you using on your phone? I think that should be the determining factor. If less than 64GB, get the 8. If more, get the 7.

9. ljuncaj21 thread starter macrumors newbie

While I didn't go to an Apple Store, a friend that bought the 8 showed it to me. I noticed it was a tiny bit heavier but thats not a huge deal to me. From seeing the 8, the glass back felt good in the hand and it does look really beautiful in person.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    I have a 32 gb i7 with 20gb free space. I don't have many applications, but have 3gb worth of photos.