Need advice..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tomaz, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Tomaz macrumors 6502

I want to buy a Dell 24" Screen for my MacBook Pro. Now since the MacBook Pros Screen would be in the way of the big screen when using the MbP Keyboard, I figure I also should get a new keyboard. I have a few questions now:
    1. Can I use the MbP closed when external monitor, keyboard and mouse are used? (I assume yes, otherwise it wouldn't make sense..)
    2. What keyboard would you suggest to get? I'd prefer something wireless, but it has to work with Windows XP through bootcamp, since one of the reasons to get the big screen is PC games. I already use the Logitech VX Wireless Laser Mouse.

Thanks for your help. :)

Tom

2. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Yes, you can use a keyboard and mouse with the MBP closed, this is called clamshell mode.

As far as wireless keyboards go, I have the Apple BT keyboard which works fantastically, other than that, anything by Logitec seems a good bet.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

1) yes you can.

2) no idea, I only have an Apple BT keyboard and a PowerBook.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes you can.

I really like the Logitech keyboards I used to use this keyboard and mouse combo and the keyboard was really nice. Although they don't seem to make it without the mouse, and it uses a PS2 port. What is your budget for the keyboard?

5. Tomaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick replies, the budget for the keyboard would be around 70 bucks (CAD) or cheaper, just like the Apple BT keyboard. How responsive is the BT keyboard, especially when waking up? How much batteries does it consume when used normally at home (evenings, weekends)?

6. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

I find the Apple BT KB and Mouse get about 1-2 months with moderate-average use. I use rechargeable batteries so I usually switch them out before they get too low.