Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hypertc13, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. hypertc13 macrumors regular

    Jun 17, 2009
    Currently i have a late 2006 15" macbook pro. it is 2.33 ghz with a 120 gb hard drive, and 2 gb of RAM. I thought i would wait until my applecare warranty ends(february of 2010) before i bought a new one.
    However my battery is shot in mine and the hard drive is full.

    With the new updates to the macbook pro line it really got me thinking if i should just buy one now. With the education discount and free ipod(which i would sell) it would make it quite a bit cheaper. Someone has offered me $800 for my current macbook pro. Would probably get the low end 15" since i dont really need a discrete gpu.

    Any advice on what i should do?
  2. Tomorrow macrumors 604


    Mar 2, 2008
    Always a day away
    If you can get $800 for it I'd do that, then upgrade to a new one. That's a great deal for you.
  3. mrj205 macrumors regular

    Mar 25, 2009
    Does the seller know the Applecare is still good? That should increase your resell value. If it were me, I would go for it; especially if you have a buyer for your MacBook and prospects for the iPod.
  4. hypertc13 thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 17, 2009
    yes the buyer does know. why. do you think i could get more out of it?
    and yes i know a few people who are looking at ipods and even if they didnt buy it, i wouldnt mind being stuck with it

Share This Page