Need Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ken987, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ken987 macrumors member

Hi,

I have an iPhone 3G .... when I updated a few months back....the wi-fi died. I know there are many like me...so when the GM iOS4 came out I immediately loaded it into the phone. Sadly...still no wi-fi.

I will not be going to the new iPhone and I will not use this as a phone after next month. BUT.....

I do want to continue using this as an iPod...

Is it worth paying the 199 replacement fee? OR should I buy an iPod Touch? I do enjoy using the Navigation apps that I have paid for and was not sure if the iPod touches have the same GPS.

I need the wi-fi.

2. ken987 thread starter macrumors member

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

What navigation apps are you referring to? If you purchased them through iTunes, then you would be able to get them on the iPod Touch if you do make the switch.

However, before you go further, I would think about the future. Do you think that you will ever want to use it as a phone again? If you may, then I would just pay the replacement fee. If you end up getting an iPod Touch and then decide later on that you want an iPhone, you will end up paying more.

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

You won't be able to get any help from a Genius Bar until AFTER iOS 4.0 has been officially released. They don't like touching anything that developers get their hands on before the rest of the public.

I read there were some fixes with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi not working after a firmware upgrade. Have you done your research and troubleshooting from all these iPhone sites?

5. ken987 thread starter macrumors member

Ipod touches now have GPS in them?
    I did A LOT of research... My Wi Fi died the second i updgraded to 3.1.2

The question is .... I use the phone for Navigation......so

are some of you saying...the GM could have another new baseband that will come out? Because my baseband was updated when I went to the GM iOS 4 and it did not fix my wi fi problem. And most agree it was the baseband that killed the wifi in the first place.