Need advise on new tech support website please!!!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by frankjl, May 20, 2010.

1. frankjl macrumors regular

Hello,

I have a small business in Miami,FL. I run a help desk that caters to small businesses. During the last year, my client base has grown. I receive multiple emails and text messages about help etc so I decided to open a website to aid the process and make it more organized.

(installed livezilla/osticket). But now I am stuck @ the following.

I want my customers to sign up so that they have an account within my domain. Once logged in they will have the option to create a ticket or live chat.

As of now I am running a bare website css themed. With links to live chat and osticket. The problem is, this is accessible by anyone. I just want clients that are registered to my site to have access to those options.

What software can I use to accomplish a sign up form, client database?

osticket is great but it just allows for email and ticket #. I am looking for complete customer information for my records. Would love it if each of my clients have their own members page within my domain with archived links of their tickets etc.

What software is capable of accomplishing this?

2. brisbaneguy29 macrumors 6502

brisbaneguy29

I think Kayko is the one a lot of people opt for.

http://www.kayako.com/

I have never used it but I have seen the name mentioned many times on forums in the past, all with pretty positive responses.

3. jo0 macrumors regular

if you are big enough business wise to justify the price of kayako, i have also heard great things. but you could probably get by cheaper hiring a guy to make to a MYSQL database and some PHP work to give you user specific content pages.

i know a guy. pm me if interested.

4. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Hiring someone is the best option if your finances support it. A second option is a DIY: Have you considered a CMS (content management system), such as Joomla, Drupal, Ruby on Rails etc? most of them are open source, and offer some of the functionalitites you may be looking for. Also there are a lot of tutorials out there to help you set them up.

cheers!